Sunday, March 15, 2015

30 Days 30 Stories

I haven't posted a blog since the end of December.  That was the last time I had a nano second of down time staying in a lovely home on the ocean in Pringle Bay, South Africa.  I knew the first couple of months of 2015 were going to be brutal with travel, trainings, camps, funding.  Here I am March 15th, two and a half months in and it was better than I expected and worse all at the same time with a few curve balls thrown from the plate.

I want to write.  Every day I have a remarkable story.  That is just what happens here, in Rwanda, in my life.  It is full.  Overflowing.  Never dull, yet never a moment's peace.  I have a friend who cranks out books left and right.  He writes serious books about serious topics with an average of 450+ pages.  His last book, 631.  He does all this while traveling, researching, juggling three kids. He has an amazing wife.  My excuse seems to be one of procrastination or time management.  I am also under the belief I need total peace and quiet to write.  That is NEVER going to happen here.  This week it has been just Jonathan (Rafiki's 6 year old son) and I for the most part.  Those 6 year olds are seriously high maintenance time suckers!

I have been making a list of topics over the past few months.  I see things, read things, experience things which I want to write about.  And then the next day comes and before I know it I have 30 things to say and I'm trying to figure out how to do so in an under 1,000 word blog.  Anything over 1,000 words I know you're tuning out.  We only have so many minutes in our days.

For the next 30 days I'm just going to write.  I will write about something that happened THAT day or I will write on one of the myriad of ideas I have taking up space on my "to do" list.

Currently percolating in my brain....

Joan of Arc
Everyone Leaves
Discontent Follows Us Everywhere
Garage Door Openers
Basketweaving
Introvert
50 Years of Marriage
Team is Team
De La Salle
What's Another 6 Years?
Peace
Emile
Day 1 at the African Continental Championships
You Made a Difference to That One
Steven's Quote
Procrastination
Hadnet Kidane
4 Years Later
Love Does
Mama E
Proverbs 19:22 -- A Gift from Prison

If you would like to know about one of these topics and want to read it sooner than later...or ever.  Let me know.

Tomorrow I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment