Thursday, March 29, 2012

Timshel


"And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish" (Hebrews 12:1-2).

There is a song in the Team Rwanda documentary, Rising From Ashes which, when I saw the final copy, was seared into my soul.  Today I received an email from the producer telling me the name of the song.  He also said how fortunate we were to be able to use this song in the film as this is generally not common for this band.  Every piece, every moment of life is not accidental.  We are all traveling interconnected on this planet. Everything happens for a reason.

The response I have received from friends and acquaintances in regards to my recent post about Gasore, Inside Your Head has been incredibly helpful and encouraging.  When you throw up the SOS flag amazing who pulls up to your island.  Gasore will always have a special place in my heart.  I first wrote about Gasore (or at the time we thought his name was Alex) in 2009.

Jock talked to the riders in Morocco last night about their performance.  A little "come to Jesus" meeting so to speak.  This morning Nicodem took charge and laid out a plan.  One of the "tweets" from MTN Qhubeka 49 minutes ago said, "African Brotherhood of South African, Eritreans and Rwandans driving hte bunch at steady temp. 115km done."  What clicked?

This afternoon when the Team in Rwanda rolled in from training I immediately knew something had happened.  I asked Kiki, "How was training?"  He curtly responded, "We will talk at team meeting."

Kiki had the training program for the session and apparently some of the riders deciding to be their own coaches caused a serious riff within the Team.  I have never seen Kiki take control of the situation like that before.  He said, "You disrespect the program, you disrespect me and if you disrespect me you disrespect Coach and Mucecuru" (I'll discuss in another post what that means...it's my nickname from the team).  An hour later apologies were given, hands were shaken, team intact.  

This has been one of the most difficult weeks of the year.  I feel like I'm on an endurance treadmill and someone kicked it into overdrive.  Physically I'm wiped...mentally I'm worse.  

The passage above I received on my daily devotional emails.  Don't tell me God doesn't speak directly to us.

And the song....the song is Timshel by Mumford and Sons.  This is the song I needed to hear....TODAY...

Cold is the water
It freezes your already cold mind
Already cold, cold mind
And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance

But you are not alone in this
And you are not alone in this
As brothers we will stand and we'll hold your hand
Hold your hand

And you are the mother
The mother of your baby child
The one to whom you gave life
And you have your choices
And these are what make man great
His ladder to the stars

But you are not alone in this
And you are not alone in this
As brothers we will stand and we'll hold your hand
Hold your hand

And I will tell the night
Whisper, "Lose your sight"
But I can't move the mountains for you

1 comment: