Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 24 of 30 – Bucket List

This is going to be short and sweet….I do not have a Bucket List because I live my Bucket List every day. I thought about this topic on my walk yesterday and literally could not think of things I would put on my bucket list because in my view, a Bucket List are things you talk about doing some day. Every day I wake up and do the things I want to do. I have done that for the past two years.

I have traveled through Sub Saharan Africa on the back of a motorcycle through herds of giraffe and elephants. I have been inches from a rhinoceros and pet a Cheetah. I have climbed an ancient volcanic crater. I have seen the most beautiful places on earth and the most depressing, some on the same day. I have met interesting people, experienced unique cultures and navigated the waters between them and me.

I have ridden my bike in Kenya, Rwanda and Zambia and around Lake Como, Italy.

I have lived…fully and completely the past two years. That in my mind is my "bucket". Sure, there are a zillion more things I want to do and I will but I don't need a list. Just wake up every day, do something different, foreign, and frightening and you will be living your bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment