Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 15 of 30 -- First 10 Songs Out of my iPhone

I love my music!  As you will see, I have a wide range of musical interests....Here's the Top 10 when I hit Shuffle:

Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds -- Fire & Rain (yes, the old James Taylor song)
Rascal Flatts -- Foreplay/Longtime (yes, original Boston tune)

Hmm....seeing a pattern all of a sudden

Linken Park -- Session 
Linken Park Meteroa is great riding music when you're not feeling like riding.  It makes me ride like a crazed women shot up with EPO.

Ryan Star -- Breathe
This is a newer song in my rotation sent my way from someone who knows me well and knows I just need to "Breathe" and enjoy the ride.  I need a little reminding from time to time.  "Breathe, just breathe, take the world off your shoulders and put it on me, just breathe....let go of the ones who try to put you down....let the life you live be all that you need."


Time for Me to Fly -- REO Speedwagon
I wish I had some of my old REO photos to share with you.  I was an REO groupie back in the late 80's early 90's following the band all over the state of Missouri one summer.  At one concert I was on the front row and threw a note up on stage and got a backstage pass and we became friends from that point on.  Amazingly, this summer I was at a hotel in Kansas City down on the Plaza and stepped into an elevator and there was Bruce Hall, bass player for REO.  We hadn't seen each other in over a decade.  I started laughing because I had just seen Kevin Cronin down in the gym earlier that morning.  I said, "Remember, me Kim Coats?  Subway?  Amy, Robbie & Mark? "  He looked at me in total shock and said, "No way!  Of course I remember you!  How is everyone?"  We chatted down the elevator and then he invited my nieces and nephew onto their tour bus.  I don't think Lexy, Jake and Gabby were quite as impressed as I had been 20 years earlier.  Their mom was though!  Those days were some of the most fun I had ever had in one summer....sadly, How is everyone?  Mark and I are divorced, Amy is remarried because Robbie passed away about 10 years ago....life

My Father's Chair -- Rick Springfield
He still looks great!

What Kinda Gone -- Chris Cagle
Told you my music was diverse!  I love this song because my ex made up words to fit my cycling.  Instead of "I heard the door slam, and I couldn't tell....she's getting in her car" he would sing...she's clipping in (reference to clipping my shoes in the pedals.  I still laugh every time I hear this song.  You never know what kinda gone I'm going to pull....Africa was only supposed to be four months.  

Tropic of Capricorn -- Sammy Hagar

Living Inside My Heart -- Bob Seger
Cry every time...


If You're Going Through Hell -- Rodney Atkins
My anthem for life and getting through it.




 

 

1 comment:

  1. What? no Salsa on your Music repertoire?
    -Edward from IT

    ReplyDelete